Head of Marketing Communications and Lead Generation
Marketing and Sales Support Manager, Marketing and Sales Support Assistant
To proactively develop and implement the Global Marcomms and lead generation strategy to increase revenue and market share in line with the company strategy.
- To proactively develop and implement the Global Marcomms strategy to increase revenue and market share in line with the company strategy.
- Actively suggest and evaluate new marketing channels especially digital channels.
- Line management and development of the UK based Marketing Lead Generation and admin support team.
- Responsibility for developing and positioning the brand (in line with group guidelines) through consistent communications (advertising, PR & web), trade shows & exhibitions, sponsorship, merchandising and collateral.
- Plan and administer the global marketing operations budget through consultation with Business Managers and Regional Sales Directors.
- Manage the information flow and implementation of the marketing strategy globally by working with local marcomms managers.
- Develop and manage the administration of the CRM database and Marketing Automation Platform which includes lead generation / nurturing, contact, opportunity and customer information and lead fulfilment.
- Design and manage electronic marketing efforts including supervision of the Web site design and development, eMarketing campaigns (e.g social media, e-blasts, webinars) etc. Plan and manage the implementation of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), driving and increasing traffic to the website.
- Manage the concepts, content and distribution of marketing collateral, both physical and web-based to the sales force and other relevant parties via the most appropriate channel/s.
- Plan and execute both the online and print advertising for the Group.
- Project management of marketing related projects including provision of central support to exhibition, conferences and seminars to ensure that the brand identity and up to date product messaging is implemented.
- Own and manage the global rolling marketing plan
- Organise design/layout and act as Editor for SAMs, TDS, customer presentations etc.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing activities and spend, adapting plans and tasks accordingly.
- Provide full marketing communications support for product launches.
Typical Performance Measures:
- Effective support of the Sales team with regards to required data and product information.
- Quality, timeliness and relevance of marketing communications materials and events.
- Measured responses to specific campaigns.
- Effective networking with the worldwide organisation, and relevant parts of the wider group.
- Effective management of the marketing communications budget.
- Market profile of the business
- Increase in the number and quality of leads generated for the business.
- Web statistics and analytics
- Graduate or equivalent.
- Recognised professional marketing or MBA equivalent qualification
- Science background
- Excellent business communication skills, verbal and written English.
- International awareness, understands different communication needs across different territories and cultures.
- Minimum 5 years experience in leading marketing communications function, including B2B, international and technology-product marketing experience.
Broad portfolio of Marketing experience must include :
- Line management experience
- Dealing with internal marcomms collateral development
- Experience in web, digital, New Media, layout and copywriting
- Creating and implementing global marketing plans.
- Budget management
- Project Management experience
- Experience of working with design agencies
- Events management
- Shows aptitude for collating and combining information from multiple, frequently technical, sources and re-posing it in terms of customer benefits and value. Adjusts style of communication according to the needs of the audience (e.g. technical staff, senior management, customers).
- Able to listen, evaluate and understand key technical information and build credibility with technical staff
- Understands the financial impact of plans and activities and seeks maximum value at every opportunity.
- Proactive. Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities to achieve (and exceed) business objectives. Initiates actions to develop new and better ways of working, using past experience and any mistakes as positive opportunities for improvement.
- Well organised and plans in order to meet objectives. Makes appropriate adjustments when progress is not as planned or when requirements change. Plans own time to maximum effect.
- Able to work with, influence and negotiate with different stakeholders in the marketing communications process in order to achieve the desired output, gaining support for ideas, actions and plans.
- Customer focussed. Places internal and external customer satisfaction as the highest priority. Understands the values and benefits concepts for the different market segments and uses this knowledge to good effect.