Head of Service – Americas
The Head of Service (Americas) reports into the Service and Engineering Director
The Head of Service (Americas) is responsible for the leadership and development of an extensive team including, Customer Support Manager/Team Leader, Service Engineers, Technical Support Engineer(s), Customer Service Sales Manager
Our client’s mission is to lead the market in solutions (processes, products and service) for:
- Research into semiconductor device and advanced fabrication and;
- Specialised semiconductor device production.
A critical part of their business strategy is to continue growing the Service business through excellent customer experiences. As Head of Service, you will be a key part of the global senior management team responsible for setting and delivering customer service standards that differentiate the business from competitors. You will have the opportunity to innovate and deploy best practices from service leading organisations.
Specific accountabilities include;
- Lead and develop the professional Customer Service Engineering and Support Team
- Using technology and continuous improvement techniques, deliver customer service and customer support excellence in the Americas’ for all service activity including installation, commissioning and after sales service requirements.
Meet service revenue and profitability targets by developing new and existing service streams.
- Manage and deliver all service contract obligations in a timely fashion and ensure customers’ expectations are met
- Take responsibility for the delivery of revenue and profit targets including contract and warranty conversion, online spares, production contract differentiation and target upgrade opportunities, based upon agreed business budget and targets
- Through your team, manage the installation through acceptances / sign-off phase for all systems to achieve acceptance and system payment and release of deferred revenue to target. Manage outstanding issues ensuring all items are closed out post acceptance
- To manage the regional utilisation and scheduling for service resource and understand and improve efficiency and productivity in Installation, Warranty and Service
- Lead and develop a future ready regional Field Service Team who can deliver production focussed service and who have the skills, knowledge and training they need
- Succession plan for future growth
- Manage training delivery for your region ensuring skills capability for your team and the scheduling and profitable delivery of paid customer training courses.
- Manage service inventory including the analysis of demand, making recommendations regarding stocking levels, forecasting future needs, managing repairable assets and obsolescence.
- Implement global maintenance and service excellence requirements for the Americas’. Maintain and govern the standards and measures that support this, drive improvement and reduce non-compliance and inefficiency. E.g. FCOs
- Implement and drive global technical standards, processes and programs in region to drive consistency, improve quality & efficiency and help develop and maintain best practice.
- Drive the effective and timely deployment of technical solutions with appropriate tools, processes and resources
- Engage direct reports and other teams to engender a culture of customer focus.
- Take personal responsibility for your own health and safety and for that of others who will be affected by your actions and behaviour. Actively support our policies for health, safety and environmental protection. Adhere to company Health and Safety policy at all times
Head of Service Key Performance Indicators:
- Service Order Intake and Revenues
- Level of Customer satisfaction – VOC
- Time to achieve acceptances
- Contract and warranty conversion
- Engineer utilisation
- Outstanding field issues. NPS
- Quotes & conversion
- Service Point of sale and warranty/contract renewal
- Faults on Commissioning Reporting
- First time fix rate
- Remote connections and activity
- Spares and Consumables availability (for internal and customer consumption)
- Additional KPI’s might apply
- Experience leading service in the semiconductor capital equipment sector is more important than qualifications.
- Extensive senior management experience.
- Ability to understand complex technical problems.
- Coaching and training skills
- Financial awareness including managing budgets
- Commercial skills i.e. experience driving revenue and increasing margin (while developing their reputation with the customer)
- Customer focused with demonstrable skills driving change projects to enhance the customers experience and increase the value they receive
- Previous support management skills. Develops well thought-through plans to deliver their objectives preferred.
- Communicates, delegates and motivates effectively, providing support and engaging people on an emotional level.
- Desire to succeed.
- Sets clear standards for performance and challenges people and themselves to achieve results with pace and discipline, managing poor performance and taking tough decisions where required preferred.
- Positively contributes to the team to achieve departmental/company goals. Shares information and knowledge to improve own and others contribution to the business.
- Takes responsibility for his/her own work, and seek ways to continually improve the level of customer satisfaction, internally and externally.