Marketing Communications & Lead Generation Manager
To proactively develop and implement the marketing communications and lead generation strategy to support the achievement of agreed revenue and market share targets in line with the company strategy
- To proactively develop and implement the Global Marcomms strategy to grow awareness, revenue and achieve market share in line with the company strategy.
- Responsibility for developing and positioning the brand in line with guidelines set by the CEO and Sales Director through consistent communications (advertising, PR & web), trade shows & exhibitions, sponsorship, merchandising and collateral.
- Plan and administer the marketing operations budget through consultation with CEO and Sales Director.
- Develop and manage the administration of the CRM database and Marketing Automation Platform which includes lead generation / nurturing, contact, opportunity and customer information and lead fulfilment.
- Take responsibility for website, eMarketing campaigns (e.g social media, e-blasts, webinars) etc. Plan and manage the implementation of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), driving and increasing traffic to the website.
- Manage the concepts, content and distribution of marketing collateral, both physical and web-based to sales and other relevant parties via the most appropriate channel/s.
- Plan and execute both the online and print advertising
- Project management of marketing related projects including support for trade shows and exhibitions, conferences and seminars while ensuring that the brand identity and up to date product messaging is implemented.
- Own and manage the global rolling marketing plan
- Organise design/layout and act as Editor for customer facing documents such as application notes, technical data sheets, white papers, sales information documents etc.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing activities and spend, adapting plans and tasks accordingly to maximise the return on investment, and provide summary and recommendations to executive team.
- Provide full marketing communications support for product launches.
Typical Performance Measures:
- Effective support of sales activities and targets by generating leads to agreed targets and providing the required data and product information.
- Number of leads generated and conversion rate
- Web statistics and analytics
- Quality, timeliness and relevance of marketing communications materials and events.
- Measured responses to specific campaigns.
- Effective management of the marketing communications budget.
- Market profile of the business
- Graduate or equivalent.
- Recognised professional marketing training would be desirable.
- Life Science background and/or appreciation of the Life Science Instrumentation marketplace an advantage
Professional Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent business communication skills, verbal and written English.
- International awareness, understands different communication needs across different territories and cultures.
- Minimum 5 years experience in marketing communications, including B2B, international and technology-product marketing experience.
Broad portfolio of Marketing experience must include :
- Dealing with internal and external marcomms collateral development
- Experience in web, digital, New Media, layout and copywriting
- Creating and implementing global marketing plans.
- Budget management
- Project Management experience
- Experience of working with design agencies
- Events management
- Driven to succeed and perform in an ambitious and fast moving start-up environment
- Shows aptitude for collating and combining information from multiple, frequently technical, sources and re-posing it in terms of customer benefits and value. Adjusts style of communication according to the needs of the audience (e.g. technical staff, senior management, customers).
- Able to listen, evaluate and understand key technical information and build credibility with technical staff
- Understands the financial impact of plans and activities and seeks maximum value at every opportunity.
- Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities to achieve (and exceed) business objectives. Initiates actions to develop new and better ways of working, using past experience and any mistakes as positive opportunities for improvement.
- Well organised and plans in order to meet objectives. Makes appropriate adjustments when progress is not as planned or when requirements change. Plans own time to maximum effect.
- Able to work with, influence and negotiate with different stakeholders in the marketing communications process in order to achieve the desired output, gaining support for ideas, actions and plans.
- Customer focused. Places internal and external customer satisfaction as the highest priority. Understands the values and benefits concepts for the different market segments and uses this knowledge to good effect.
This will be one the first sales and marketing positions to be filled in the company and offers an excellent opportunity to have a major impact on the organisation. As the company grows, you can expect to grow with it, taking on more senior roles as you progress.