OEM Sales Engineer
OEM Sales Manager Global
Europe with particular focus on DACH
As a sales engineer, you will combine technical knowledge with sales skills to achieve sales targets and build strong territory presence and pipeline, developing the OEM market for our client’s products.
Key Tasks and Duties:
- Generate, qualify and manage all sales leads, prospects and new customer accounts to meet/exceed agreed team and individual sales objectives.
- Identify new markets and customers.
- Strengthen existing customer relationships and develop new business relationships within the defined territory.
- Determine and action sales strategies and goals for each product and service. Manage designated sales leads, prospects and customer accounts in a manner incumbent with agreed business objectives. Follow-up all sales opportunities (Direct and indirect) on a timely basis. Capture and document all pertinent information in the CRM tool, Sales Logix.
- Evaluate product and service offering in terms of customers technical needs and manufacturing. Provide answers to technical and commercial queries from OEM customers in both Physical Science and Life Science applications.
- Maintain and report sales forecasts, potential sales, customer feedback and activity plan and other reports, as required.
- Provide training to end users. Demonstrate equipment to customers as required to facilitate the sale of products.
- Establish and maintain strong industry contacts that support both industry knowledge and lead to sales. Continually compile market information/intelligence on dedicated regions with a view to providing market feedback to assist in the shaping of future product development and company strategy.
- Work with regional staff, HQ and other internal operations to establish a communication path with customer.
- Attend monthly sales meetings and offer feedback and suggestions to improve product solutions. Attend annual sales meetings. Represent and promote the Company in a professional manner at trade fairs and conferences within the designated region.
- Travel as required to meet and develop sales targets which is expected to be a minimum of 50% of time.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time by your Line Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a science, engineering or business discipline.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a sales role.
- Experience in selling or supporting technical and high-value products.
- Strong background in spectroscopy techniques, applications and markets or life science instrumentation markets.