Regional Sales Manager – UK, Eastern Europe and Middle East
Our client is the technology leader in Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) within a successful global company, which is a leading provider of high technology tools and systems for industry and academic research. They are looking for an experienced Regional Sales Manager to grow the revenue of their AFM product portfolio.
Reporting into the Director of Sales for all of Europe, the successful candidate will use its commercial acumen and technical background to build the customer base in the UK as well as the dealer networks in Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Consistently achieve or exceed order bookings / revenue targets on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Identify new customers for AFM products and services and go on sales calls within the defined geographical region, using advanced business development and sales skills and techniques to support sales growth.
- Develop a robust dealer network in Eastern Europe and the Middle East and manage the selected dealers to ensure ongoing success in the territory.
- Conduct effective customer product presentations, demos, and all other associated sales activities, all the while identifying and interpreting customer requirements, and realistically aligning them with our product capabilities.
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts and customer information via the CRM and regular communication with management.
- Attend and support technical and business presentations at trade shows, user meetings, customer seminars, conferences and other customer events.
- A PhD in science, engineering, or related, OR a lesser degree combined with equivalent practical experience.
Familiarity with the theory and operation of AFMs is highly desirable.
- Proven track record in technical or analytical instruments sales, with a focus on complex long sales cycle projects.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to clearly and effectively communicate and understand technical concepts and solutions in person, in writing, and over the phone to both customers and colleagues with all different backgrounds (technical, commercial, etc).
- Willingness and ability to travel both locally and internationally on a regular basis 50% and adapt to frequently changing priorities and schedules.