Sales Director – Americas
Global Sales & Marketing Director
The Sales Director is responsible for managing the sales team & associated personnel
The Sales Director is a key member of the sales leadership team, covering sales management and direct sales for the Americas territory. You will have accountability for:
- Driving significant order, revenue & margin growth for Americas region
- Management of Americas sales team, setting high standards and expectations
- Appointing and managing selected agents/intermediaries
- Account development and management
- Representation at conferences, trade fairs and networking events
- Meet or exceed sales and margin growth targets
- Create a solution focussed selling culture across the sales team to provide the best solutions for customers
- Develop and manage your portfolio of customers, with particular focus on the production sector
- Build and maintain close working relationships with key customers, become VoC champion
- Identify new opportunities and franchise successful solutions in both production and R&D sectors
- Lead and manage major bids and win at best price and terms, supported by other members of the sales & applications teams as appropriate
- Support marketing in their content creation, delivery and lead generation and management responsibilities
- Maintain professional awareness of competitor activity
Indicative Performance Measures:
- Sales volume and value
- Margin achievement
- Forecast accuracy
- Development of high value relationships with key customers
- Degree level qualification in relevant scientific discipline, with sales/marketing specialisation
- Management Experience
- Experience of working in high technology semiconductor industry, rapidly changing business environment; familiar with product and process applications
- Knowledge in sales and account management. Understands high tech/capital equipment industry, semiconductor or related, but at least a broad understanding of the technologies associated with semiconductors.
- Customer focus – sound appreciation of the current and future requirements of customers and of the key issues facing them. Establishes and exploits good, mutually beneficial relationships with customers, key institutions and other relevant bodies.
- Places customer satisfaction as the highest priority, both personally and for the team. Possesses strong customer facing skills.
- Team player – who makes the best use of the contributions that can be made by others, and has the ability to work constructively with others.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Able and willing to travel throughout USA and internationally.