Sales Director EMEA
As a Regional Sales Director EMEA, you will assume overall responsibility for the sales and pipeline growth of all products throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa. Reporting directly to the Global Business Director you will be responsible for growing and developing your Customer Success Team consisting of account managers, application scientists and outbound marketeers (currently 6 and expected to grow). You drive sales strategy, pipeline growth, partnerships and opportunities forward in both industry (pharma, biotech) and academia through working with your team and the executive leadership. You will formulate your Territory’s Sales & Marketing strategy and will work closely with the management team in executing on it and day-to-day operations.
Whether you are looking to engage with fundamental science or with a company that makes an impact on society & healthcare, our client offers both. Their vision is to provide tools that enable life scientists to make groundbreaking discoveries in research and in drug development.
- Formulate and execute the long-term channel strategy for sales, pipeline growth and marketing in territory, and manage distribution channels;
- Ensure customer success and maintain customer satisfaction in the region;
- Hire, lead and develop a successful team of account managers, application scientists and outbound marketing to execute on strategy;
- Lead and oversee complex sales cycles with multi-stakeholder customer relations, and manage a smart and consistent pricing strategy;
- Ensure high quality in contracts and customer facing documentation product proposals and perform diligent contract review;
- Drive team culture and foster an environment for personal development and eagerness to perform.
- 5-10 years of experience in sales of which at least 2 in managing a regional Business or Sales team;
- Motivated, self-driven, goal oriented and energetic work ethic;
- Ability to plan and execute autonomously, while also working closely with the rest of the team. Acting as a ‘spider in the web’;
- Ability to understand customers’ research and how the clients’ instruments can have positive impact;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability and genuine interest to understand customer’s research and how products can fit in their workflow and provide value;
- Experience in hiring, managing and developing people;
- Ability to think strategically on a wide variety of sales related topics, including market entry strategy, partnerships, sales team setup;
- Ability and interest to travel extensively;
- At least MSc, preferably in Biophysics, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Immunology;
- Located in Europe, able to get to HQ on a frequent basis.