Sales Manager Europe
Our client is a fast paced and innovative company that’s going places! They have developed and commercialised fascinating technology used in ground breaking research, unlocking secrets hidden away at the molecular level of cells. Their technology is helping the world’s leading scientists better understand biological processes that help in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
We are now looking for a high energy Sales Manager to report directly to the Sales Director. The successful candidate will assume overall responsibility for the product sales throughout Europe. Driving sales opportunities forward in both industry (pharma, biotech) and academia, while working with the Business Development team to create pipeline, and teaming up with product managers to set out and execute a successful global Sales and Marketing strategy.
You will be passionate about science and the contribution you and the company can make to better understand disease.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Formulate and execute the long-term sales and marketing strategy.
- Project managing complex sales cycles with multi-stakeholder customer relations.
- Issuing high quality product proposals and managing a smart and consistent pricing strategy.
- Contract review.
- Executing complex sales negotiations, maximising customer value and margin.
- Manage distribution channels and contracts.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED OF THE JOB HOLDER:
- MSc or PhD, preferably in Physics, Biophysics or Biochemistry or Biology. Ability to understand customers’ research and how the client’s’ instruments can have positive impact.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated, self driven, and energetic work ethic.
- Ability and genuine interest to understand customer’s research and how products can fit in their workflow and provide value.
- Ability to plan and execute autonomously, while also working closely with the rest of the team. Acting as a ‘spider in the web’.
- Ability and interest to travel extensively.