The Sales Manager will drive sales by helping to develop a sales strategy, building customer relationships, supporting events and conferences and generating, following up on and closing leads.
- Achieve sales targets in line with the company strategy.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan that establishes the company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
- Attend conferences and workshops and support customer demonstrations at these events across the UK, Europe and the US
- Work with product marketing to refine our go-to-market approach
- Help identify and bring on board channel partners to support future growth
Typical Performance Measures:
- Drive sales activities to achieve and exceed agreed targets
- Effectively manage the sales funnel in the CRM
- Provide realistic sales forecasts to support the company operations and strategy
- Graduate or equivalent.
- Life Science background
- A working knowledge of strategic and relationship selling approaches would be highly desirable.
Professional Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent business communication skills, verbal and written English.
- International awareness, understands different communication needs across different territories and cultures.
- Minimum 2 years experience in scientific instrumentation sales, ideally with a customer base in cell biology
- Working with distributors and channel partners
- Experience with and advanced user of a CRM system
- Driven to succeed and perform in an ambitious and fast moving start-up environment
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Able to listen, evaluate and understand key technical information and build credibility with technical staff and customers
- Understands the financial impact of plans and activities and seeks maximum value at every opportunity.
- Proactive. Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities to achieve (and exceed) business objectives. Initiates actions to develop new and better ways of working, using past experience and any mistakes as positive opportunities for improvement.
- Well organised and plans in order to meet objectives. Makes appropriate adjustments when progress is not as planned or when requirements change. Plans own time to maximum effect.
- Customer focused. Places customer satisfaction as the highest priority. Understands the values and benefits concepts for the different customer types and uses this knowledge to good effect.