Senior Product Manager
Strategic Business Development Director
Number of Direct Reports;
Our client’s mission is to lead the market in application solutions (processes, products and service) for:
- research into semiconductor device and performance materials and
- production solutions for compound semiconductor and other devices.
You will be a critical member of the Senior Management team.
Your key objective is to drive the definition and execution of the product strategy. This will result in increased market presence, volume growth, margin improvement and long term sustainability.
You will be accountable for the creation and communication of the Customer Value Proposition (CVP), Roadmap (including NPD proposals) and the profit and loss of your portfolio.
You will communicate into the business your insight into customers current and future challenges, competitors and the market dynamics that drive the business.
You will have responsibility for the talent management, succession planning and development of your team
In summary, you will lead the product management strategy, planning and execution and be responsible for activities such as market analysis, developing and communicating CVP, building business cases and engaging stakeholders, setting the pricing strategy, launching and in-life management.
- Work with Strategic Marketing and Business Development Director and Market Managers to identify opportunities (markets and customers) for products.
- Own the Product and Process Roadmap and be responsible for ensuring congruity between the Product Roadmap and the customers and markets roadmaps. Manage the “product creation” process with leading USPs and competitive differentiator.
- Be responsible for the creation and communication of a differential CVP for the Product. You will ensure the CVP is aligned to the business strategy.
- Be responsible for the creation and communication of Market Requirement Specifications and for the creation of Business Cases to bid for and win the necessary R&D investment to develop the product in line with the Roadmap.
- Manage your products Lifecycle.
- Work with the other Product Managers to ensure the overall Business investment and positioning is as optimised as possible. Drive strategic customer collaborations with targeted lighthouse companies.
- Work with the Tender Support team, agree which F&O’s are offered and which are not. Manage the offering / creation of CES’. Agree pricing/margin.
- Work with the Technical Marketing and Marcomms teams to effectively market the Product and ensure that the Sales team has all the required “tools” and competitive marketing content. Agree conference and strategic customer roadtrip schedules.
- Work with and support the Sales team, presenting when necessary, have an understanding of how to go beyond simple ‘features and benefits’ to sell on the Value Proposition.
- Work with the Customer Service team to develop the after sales support policy – service philosophy, spares listing, equipment, maintenance programs.
- Represent and promote the brand and products via trade shows, conferences and user meetings
Responsibilities as a Senior Manager;
- Coach and engage direct reports and teams to engender a culture of continuous improvement and KPI development and execution.
- Work closely with the Executive Team to develop and implement overall strategy for the business.
- Take personal responsibility for your own health and safety and for that of others who will be impacted by your actions and behaviour. Influence behavioural safety through your own example, setting high standards and expectations for those around you.
- Drive the effective performance of the health, safety and environment management systems. You will be accountable for effective implementation, and leading continuous improvement within, the health, safety and environment frameworks.
Indicative Performance Measures;
- Revenue (£ vs target)
- Forecast (£, % of target, and accuracy)
- Profitability: Final Product Margin (% vs target).
- Competitiveness : Win/Loss ratio (% and trend)
- Customer satisfaction: NPS
- Customer acquisition and retention
The Senior Product Manager role is seen as an essential part of the talent and succession planning for Executive level roles.
- A relevant degree, preferably at post Graduate level.
- A strong technical background of atomic scale processing in product areas such as, Etch, Deposition, ALD/ALE, Platforms and Control
- Obsession with creating products that demonstrate superior value
- Management experience
- Experience working with Customers to understand their challenges and deliver solutions
- Impressive commercial skills
- A background of using the right sources of data to make the best decisions (Analyse and conceptualise)
Our client is a £multi-million business with a global footprint. They are growing rapidly and seek high calibre professionals that are results oriented that can get things done. If this could be you, please apply by clicking the link below, or contact us on one of the number given above.