Senior TEM Field Service Engineer
EM Service Manager (UK)
To support users of Transmission Electron Microscopes across Europe. Responsible for support of the TEM product range.
- Provide preventative and corrective maintenance of equipment and its associated ancillaries.
- Perform repairs, troubleshooting, diagnostics, fault finding and calibration routines.
- Optimise installations and set-ups to ensure best performance.
- Complete equipment site surveys, installations and upgrades as necessary.
- Maintain customer site safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain all associated administrative functions including paperwork, regular contact, updates etc.
- Attend customer meetings if required.
- Provide basic operational training for customers.
- Provision of on call support, if required.
- Provide technical support for customers, service agents and other engineers.
- This job will entail extensive travel and overnight stays.
- Educated to degree level in science, engineering or a related subject.
- Experience of working on TEM
- Problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Ability to work in a methodical and detailed manner
- Mechanical skills on delicate assemblies
- Experience with PC controlled systems
- Good electronic skills with the ability to fault find to component level
- Travel to customers across Europe is required.
- Occasional travel to the Middle East and Africa.
- Occasional travel to Japan or USA for training.
- A full driving license is required.
- A UK/EU passport, or permanent right to work within Europe is required.