Technical Sales Engineer
On behalf of our market leading, international client, we are looking for a Technical Sales Engineer to cover the UK and Ireland. We need a skilled, driven sales engineer to proactively build this nanotechnology business. You’ll need to be customer focussed, adept at managing key accounts while also developing new business opportunities and comfortable with a consultative sales approach for hi-end capital equipment.
UK Territory Manager
- Promote and sell products, developing and implementing a strategic sales and marketing plan to ensure achievement of annual sales targets and longer-term growth targets within your territory.
- Qualify prospects and manage customer requirements, showing a good understanding of technologies and applications to support customers, pre, and post sales.
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing customers, OEM’s and distributors, using these relationships to gain knowledge of customer applications and research networks.
- Work closely with the OEM’s on joint sales ensuring timely sales and applications support.
- Attend and take an active role in organising workshops, conferences, and exhibitions.
- Coordinate with applications, marketing and service teams to ensure successful execution of demo’s, sample analysis requests, workshops, conferences and exhibitions.
- Build and maintain a territory pipeline, provide timely and accurate forecasts, and relevant market reports of sales and KPI’s.
- Maintain and enter customer contacts, leads, sales and pipeline status in the CRM database.
- Manage OEM demo equipment, ensuring it is current, and replaced in line with company guidelines.
Education / Qualifications:
- Engineering or science degree, or equivalent relevant experience
Professional Skills/ Abilities:
- Experience of selling high tech capital equipment
- Strong negotiation, sales and presentation skills, coupled with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent commercial awareness and customer focus
- A good understanding of microscopy and analysis techniques, and the ability to give equipment demonstrations would be an advantage, but not a requirement.
- Experience in research funding tender process
- Able to effectively manage time and responsibilities
- A willingness and flexibility to travel throughout your territory, including nights away.
- Proactive and highly self motivated.
- Valid full driving licence.